Wednesday, February 12, 2014

June and Jane

http://www.superstarmagazine.com/this-video-my-beautiful-woman-will-touch-your-heart-like-never-before-must-watch/


Please watch the video before reading the following blog.

I read my children a bed time story, tucked them in, and told them i loved them.  Looking at them as the lay there my angels, my blessings.

In some countries due to laws of only allowed one child per family, or the scrutiny of having a daughter such as china.  http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/abandoned-baby-rescued-from-toilet-pipe-in-china/1/273583.html  I am sure feel desperate, scared, and ashamed.  Do they have the options we do?

There have been some active changes that may help this issue.  In the US you can leave your child at a hospital, fire department, police station with no questions asked or repercussions.  Some argue that this is just an open invitation to irresponsible behavior were others feel i will help cut back on innocent lives being cut short or emaciated due to abandonment.


Jane is an inspiration and a very strong woman to take on such a responsibility at such a young age.  I want to think i have that strong character and if I found a baby that i would take him/her in as my own.  Saving her from the fate of most abandoned babies.

I am curious to know your reaction to the story of Jane and June.  How do you feel about the safe haven for babies to be left when not wanted.  It is something to think about.



1 comment:

  1. I agree that is seems a heroic thing to do, even more so to take the ridicule of such a society to protect the child. On the other hand, I wonder if this is a legal option in our country. Doesn't an abandoned child have to be reported to the authorities? It would make adopting a long legal procedure, but a legal one none-the-less.

    ReplyDelete