Within just twenty four hours of them selves Justin Bieber was arrested for DUI, resisting arrest, driving on an expired licence in Florida. In Illinois an eleven year old girl was being stabbed to death by her fourteen year old sister. http://ilevbare.com/2014/01/why-14-year-old-girl-stabbed-11-year-old-sister-40-times-to-death/
How is it that we can put such importance on the actions of a 19 year old boy that basically has not done anything really surprising. He has basically grown up in the spot light. Works constantly to support his family etc etc...it is not uncommon to see this in the news about a celebrity remember Brittany Spears, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson and kesha. The list can go on. The obvious reasons are there.
What about little Dora. Her sister had set the alarm early in the morning to commit this crime of such emotional hatred or was it? It was reported that the 14 year old sister, whom has been not named for obvious reasons had cooked dinner 6 nights in a row, and with every strike had said this "she was not thankful for what she had done". Like in many single family homes the oldest has to grow up faster taking on more responsibility.
I am a single mother of 5 children. I try to balance out her life giving her the freedoms of any 15 year old. In some cases though it is not possible. Every situation is different and every child handles it differently so my question to you is:
What brought on such violence? What was that breaking point that drove such a young child to commit such a violent crime. Most important, why is it that a DUI from a celebrity more news worthy.
The account of this crime made me want to cry and be ill at the same time. How incredibly awful. It again makes me think of mental health in our country and how we never know what is going on in the minds of those around us. Even our own children. My children are still toddlers, but it certainly makes me think about how I hope to raise them. I can't help but wonder how often that mother took the time to talk to her daughter, to ask her about her day, her life. To thank her for the help she did around the house. I don't know if her mother did do these things, I don't know if they would have helped, but I wonder none-the-less.
ReplyDelete