A dynasty begins one warm California day when John Epper takes a job jumping a horse over a car. From that point he was hooked; doing what came natural. Years later its not uncommon to find an Epper on a Hollywood set. So natural this family of stunt men and women; for years monopolizing the industry.
The story starts with a young Matt Epper looking down from the edge of the family house. His mother encouraging him on.."jump jump, Matt! Come on! There's nothing to it! Just kick out your legs out and fly!"(167 joining the conversation " Danger is Their Middle Name") I just could not imagine being that woman, normally you would discourage such behavior. But this was the Eppers, the norm was definitely not conventional.
Going on with the article I found it interesting a bit exciting with the thought of such an exciting life. Generations of a family living in a world of such adventure. With movies such as romancing the stone and Pearl harbor as part of their resume.
When we think of the movie industry and Hollywood the stunt men and women are not thought of as that of the actors they protect from harm. I have a new appreciation for those men and women and now when watching a film I wait too see just who performed the stunts watching to see if it was an Epper.
No comments:
Post a Comment